[WikiEN-l] Does openness dull the bleeding edge?

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 03:11:01 UTC 2006

--- charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:

> See a page such as [[K-theory (physics)]] to get the flavour.
>
> Note that it is not the failure to wikify and provide sources that makes this (I
> imagine) inaccessible to 99.9% of readers.

But its inaccessibility didnt stop me from starting on wikifying it.
The value of its wikification I can only guess is a variable, depending on 1) its
usefulness for experts as a summary, and 2) its usefulness to learners such that
learners can fill in the gaps.

Its like Ronald Reagan said after using the john: "everything will just trickle on
down."

-sv