[WikiEN-l] Consensus is dying...

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 11:17:01 UTC 2006

On 9/1/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 9/1/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps consensus polling should be tried instead.
> >
> > http://icannwiki.org/Consensus_Polling
> >
> Perhaps we should stop calling it consensus in those places where
> there is no desire to find a solution everyone can agree upon.

The phrase that's always used is "rough consensus", a recognition of
the fact that it may well be impossible to please everyone, or at
least highly impractical.

Consensus polling however has seemed to me like an excellent idea,
since I heard about it from Angela a while ago. It helps to give some
structure to consensus finding, without being as rigid or as blunt as
a poll, and is very flexible.

I think it would have great potential on the projects and would be
very interested in helping anyone who wants to try it out.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com