[WikiEN-l] School of Hard Knocks, or, what I learnt from my RfA

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 20 23:31:15 UTC 2006

You wrote:
> After reading David Gerard's post "RFA has gone weird"[1]  two weeks
> back, I decided on a whim to nominate myself for adminship. [2] My
> principle was that I would largely ignore the existing process for the
> calcified barnacle that it is and apply a no-nonsense stance towards
> self-important questioning...

What a marvelous experiment!  Well done, very well done.
I was thinking of doing something like that myself; now I either
(a) don't have to, because you already did, or (b) *really* have
to, now that you've established the precedent...

I can't say I'm at all surprised at the results you got.

(I do wonder what can be done about the phenomenon?)