[WikiEN-l] Before reverting blanking, please read the text

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:57:20 UTC 2006

> Some of the reactions in this thread to this mistake are way over the
> top, IMO, we should not be holding our editors to unreasonably strict
> standards of perfection. This was an "oops, should have read that more
> carefully" situation, not a "what kind of brainless moron would do such
> a thing!?" situation.

I'm more of a "what kind of incivil jerk would revert it and then not bother
to send anyone a message asking them politely to not blank pages, and upon
seeing they were a newbie give them the welcome message as well" kind of
person myself.

The first blanking I chalk up to someone realizing that the article was at
least half libelous bullshit.

The second blanking I chalk up to the reverting editor's not doing their
goddamn job.

The rest I chalk up to the downfall of AGF and civility as admins have
realized they're untouchable and never bother with them anymore.

Parker