[WikiEN-l] Before reverting blanking, please read the text

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:36:33 UTC 2006

On 19/10/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:09:42 +0100, "Andrew Gray" <shimgray at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Pause for a second. Imagine you're entirely unfamiliar with Wikipedia.
> >You see some horrible crap. You figure out you can edit. What do you
> >do? You delete it.
>
> The whole article?  *All* of it?  Even the bits which are not crap? No
> I don't.

To be honest, neither would I. But at the risk of sounding smug, I
think you and I have perhaps more clue than most minor-notability
people we have articles on...

I've certainly seen it happen, done in good faith and with good
intentions, enough that I try not to ignore the possibility.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk