[WikiEN-l] [[Kristian Menchaca]] - link to video

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 17 16:36:19 UTC 2006

Sarah wrote:
> Bryan, I don't know that the Ogrish link was being used for in this
> case, but in general our understanding of what's "reliable" involves a
> degree of editorial oversight, such as fact-checking, legal scrutiny,
> and so on.

Last night I dug up a news site that had a synopsis of the events
depicted in the film and so reluctantly went to compare it to the video
itself. I found that the link doesn't actually work. I dug around in
their archives for a while and couldn't re-find it, all they had was a
very short text news article about the event. Ogrish apparently no
longer has the video in question.

So it's all moot anyway. I just wish people were more open about their
arguments, anyone else doing basic fact-checking could have discovered this.