[WikiEN-l] Porchesia

Carl Peterson carlopeterson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:27:07 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Jake Waskett <jake at waskett.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 14:39 +0100, David Gerard wrote:
> > On 03/10/06, Jake Waskett <jake at waskett.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm. Hadn't thought of that approach.
> > > I have to say that I prefer {{not verified}}, because - to my mind -
> the
> > > emphasis is that it hasn't *yet* been verified by another, whereas the
> > > alternative strikes me as more critical. If I was a new user and had
> > > just contributed an article, the former would likely encourage me to
> > > continue, while the latter might make me disillusioned.
> >

> > {{not verified}} if it's under a few days old, {{unreferenced}} if it's
> over.
>
> Combined with your preloaded template, that could work very nicely.

Perhaps have a single template {{not verified|date}} where the date
determines the message to be displayed. For example, if it's under five
days, have "This is a new article which has not yet been verified for
factual accuracy. Please add references to verify the information in this
article." If it goes past that, go to the standard "this article does not
cite sources" template. Possibly a transclusion of a transclusion, but the
difference in the root template could help nip some of this in the bud.

Carl