[WikiEN-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 1 14:23:05 UTC 2006

Phil Sandifer wrote:
>On Oct 1, 2006, at 4:50 AM, Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
>> I hear you.  Perhaps that long discussed speedy criterion for
>> "advertisements masquerading as articles" should be introduced.
>
> Oh God, please no.
> You have no idea what that would become in the hands of some of our
> admins.

Is there anything we can do about *that* problem?  If we can't
at least document our norms for fear of the documentation being
misused, that sounds like a precarious situation.

(In particular, if an argument for not writing down a policy is
that people are supposed to be flexible but reasonable and, most
of the time, do the same sorts of thing that the hypothetical
written-down policy would stipulate, but if the additional fear
is that, once the policy got written down, it would be misused
by unreasonable people, what does that say about their behavior
in the absence of the written-down policy?)