[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Nov 30 22:36:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:34:19 -0800, "Tony Jacobs"
<gtjacobs at hotmail.com> wrote:

>It bothers me that we consider it our place to draw that line.  Can we
>please just ban political userboxes already, and avoid having to make calls
>about why being a Nazi is so much worse than supporting [YOUR LEAST FAVORITE
>REGIME HERE]?

Not even close.

That user's page contained:

(Slipknot) This User is a Maggot
(GRRR!) This User thinks copyright/fair use is a bitch
(image) This User disagrees with the existance of WP:Point because
Wikipedia is not censored
(swastika) This User is a Nazi
(image of raised middle finger) This User's middle name is offensive
and he honestly couldn't care less about you
(BOMB!) The only sport this User plays is Yo Momma

The user has less than a dozen mainspace edits, several of which were
re-introducing unsourced images removed from the article by others.

The user has edited mainspace once since September.

The user has a history of copyright violations and has been blocked
for vandalism.

We have already wasted more time discussing this than the user is
worth to the project, on that evidence.  It's worth debating the likes
of SPUI and nobs01 because they are as productive as they can be
maddening.  This one?  I think not.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk