[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:15:26 UTC 2006

On 30/11/06, Rob <gamaliel8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe (or hope, perhaps) that Wikipedia administrators are
> rational adults and capable of discerning the difference between an
> acceptable use of a Wikipedia userpage and the unacceptable use of it
> as a soapbox for views "beyond the pale", and as such can discern the
> difference between a normal, sane political party and one that
> advocates the extermination of whole categories of other human beings.

The views of some users which are considered normal by most will be
considered "beyond the pale" by some. Whether views are considered
"beyond the pale" largely depends upon the experiences of the person
and the culture they live in.

This discussion is null anyway since the user doesn't seem to be using
the userbox in seriousness. It seems to be some kind of in-your-face
humour.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)