[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:08:56 UTC 2006

> > Do you believe that the Nazi party is no different from any of those
> > other parties, or is this just a cheap rhetorical device?  Be honest.
> The difference between the Nazis and many other regimes is in degree,
> not type. Where is the line drawn?

Exactly.

I would suggest simply forbidding political userboxes, removing them
from any userpage on which they appear and unbanning this user.

Remember, there is a difference between modern neo-nazi parties and
the German Nazi party of the 1930s and 40s. They may have the same
political beliefs, but they are different parties. This user is not a
mass murderer, he just happens to agree with one on political issues.

And I don't think Godwin's law applies to a discussion about Nazis. We
aren't comparing anything to Nazis, in fact, we're comparing Nazis to
other things - perhaps a converse to Godwin's law? ;)