[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:07:19 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Tony Jacobs <gtjacobs at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't it pretty far outside of our purview to be providing a soapbox for
> some controversial political parties and not others?  Why do we allow any of
> this crap?  What justifies allowing people to proclaim their affiliation
> with one party and not another?  I'll agree that Nazi is beyond the pale,
> but where, precisely, is "the pale"?

I believe (or hope, perhaps) that Wikipedia administrators are
rational adults and capable of discerning the difference between an
acceptable use of a Wikipedia userpage and the unacceptable use of it
as a soapbox for views "beyond the pale", and as such can discern the
difference between a normal, sane political party and one that
advocates the extermination of whole categories of other human beings.