[WikiEN-l] GNAA Deleted!

Tony Jacobs gtjacobs at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:38:39 UTC 2006

>From: "The Cunctator" <cunctator at gmail.com>
>To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] GNAA Deleted!
>Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:32:21 -0500
>
>I for one think it's pathetic that Wikipedia is giving up on the mission of
>being a complete encyclopedia because there exist specialty sites on
>particular areas of knowledge.

I disagree. Wikipedia can't be all things to all people, and I think it's
silly to try.  Wikipedia should consider itself one of a community of wikis,
specifically, the encyclopedic one, with academic standards.  Why not allow
for there to be multiple sources of information, and let the different ones
specialize in different things and get good at what they do?

Tony/GTB