[WikiEN-l] Deletions, lists, etc?

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:44:56 UTC 2006

On 11/29/06, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com <
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> "The Cunctator" wrote
> > Also, are we trying to get rid of all "list" pages?
>
> This is actually a good question.
>
> I'm not trying to rid enWP of lists, though in a sense they have to some
> extent had their day. Their functionality is still much superior to
> categories, in some important respects.

And don't forget the fact that a list means a group of stubby pieces of
information can be joined instead of being dragged out in the separate
articles required for a category.

Unfortunately, there are people who think categories are superior to lists
in all regards. I like to think there are exceptions.

Mgm