[WikiEN-l] The new non-stupid wiki-en thread

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed Nov 29 20:25:16 UTC 2006

Matthew Brown wrote:

> I've noticed a change in my editing behavior.  Some time ago, if I hit
> a redlink, my assumption was that it was because we didn't have an
> article on that topic yet.  Now, if I hit a redlink, I assume we do
> have the article, and we lack sufficient redirects.

I'm finding myself doing that too.  But we've also more than doubled
(maybe tripled) the amount of articles we've had since I started editing,
so the ones I'm redlinking that aren't associated directly with the
subject I'm editing are more than likely ones without redirects to the
proper article.  In fact, the only redlink I came across recently that I
personally created that shocked me was [[medical reels]].  Nothing on
medical films, educational medical movies, etc.  Otherwise, it's redirect
city.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.