[WikiEN-l] GNAA Deleted!

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:28:49 UTC 2006

> This is a discussion about wikipedia, however, and not wikinews.
> There are some subjects that an encyclopedia can not and should not
> touch because there is simply no real research on the subjects yet.

We are not applying that standard to any number of popular culture subjects,
for which there exists no serious research on the particular aspect of
popular culture.  There is research into popular culture as a whole, and
there are for example literary and sociological journals dedicated to
serious review of aspects of popular culture in many different media (one
distant electronic aquaintence has a masters degree in the literary review
of science fiction, to somewhat oversimplify).

But the vast majority of popular culture items have not been subjected to
independent research and are not documentable other than the particular item
of culture itself.

We have nearly *all* that documented, right now.

Is GNAA less notable than (example pulled via short random walk)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kanto_Gym_Leaders#Blaine ?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com