[WikiEN-l] "Reliable sources" guideline being treated as absolute policy

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 28 22:08:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:41:41 +0000, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
wrote:

>One of the big problems with [[WP:RS]] is that it's grossly defective
>and being applied robotically and inappropriately.

At the risk of being flippant, {{sofixit}}.  We have WP:V and WP:NPOV
and WP:NOR - we absolutely must have a decent, working definition of
what defines a source, so that we can apply these.  If the current
definition is terrible, it needs to be improved, not ignored.

My view here is that it is the authority of the source that matters,
not the medium.  But that does require that we legislate Clue, to a
certain extent.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk