[WikiEN-l] "Reliable sources" guideline being treated as absolute policy

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 28 22:06:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:36:39 +0000, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
wrote:

>(The idea being: speedy patrollers are dealing with a firehose of
>crap, and being human will make mistakes - and that's fine. Then the
>speedy patrol patrollers check the speedies and undelete the erroneous
>speedies - and that's fine too.)

Just so.  I think I untag maybe a quarter of speedies I come to when I
visit the category, of which some are userfied as userpages created in
mainspace by mistake (FSVO mistake); some are taken to AfD as
problematic but not unambiguous; and some I fix in some way.

Having said which, I bet it's less than a quarter if I reviewed it
dispassionately.  I am a bit of a deletionist.  I tried to get an
inclusionist sysopped, to balance out all us heartless deletionists,
but was slapped down.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk