[WikiEN-l] The new non-stupid wiki-en thread

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Tue Nov 28 10:36:02 UTC 2006

> From: "David Ashby" <humble.fool at gmail.com>
>
> On 11/27/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, anyone greatly improved an article lately?
>>
>> Steve
>
> I've deleted about 50 or so articles, does that count?
>
> -humblefool

Arlo Guthrie tells a story about how his wife told him she had
cleaned up a stack of magazines in the garage. The next day, he says
"I was in the garage, and those magazines weren't 'cleaned,' they're
_gone._" His wife replies, "Well, you can't get much cleaner than
'gone.'"

Like the apocryphal story of Michelangelo saying "I just cut away
everything that didn't look like David," the negative space of
deleted articles shapes the positive space that looks like an
encyclopedia.