[WikiEN-l] Fiction and Wikia

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 28 09:37:55 UTC 2006

"Steve Bennett" wrote

> To play devil's advocate, aren't we trying to be informative? Should
> we be keeping genuine sources of information away from our readers? If
> the topic is "Juggling in Copenhagen", then wouldn't a forum for
> jugglers in Copenhagen be a really appropriate link?

The mission is not the plain vanilla 'be informative'.

Interesting comment from one of my non-Wikipedian friends. His colleagues at work tend to access official health statistics through WP external links; because it's quicker generally to do that, than to access the official site, in terms of getting to the relevant page out of many. That's quite a plaudit.

Charles