[WikiEN-l] (semi-OT) What to do with old but not old enough encyclopedias?

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 17:29:18 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
> Inspired by this thread, I just bought myself a legitimate copy of the
> 2004 Encyclopaedia Britannica on CD. For $1 AUD. Woot.

I bought one of those a while back. The most fun part has been comparing
articles to their 1911 versions, and seeing how little of the text has
changed - a few word/syntax modernizations, plus most articles have had
their sources and references entirely deleted(!) . So it's been useful
to me mostly as a cross-check against our 1911-based text. But I tell
you, if that CD is the best they can do, EB is doomed.

Stan