[WikiEN-l] Google Earth screenshots

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Sun Nov 26 11:48:29 UTC 2006

On 25/11/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think Google have done enough for it to count as a derived work.
> > It's not just a compilation of images, they are put together in a very
> > careful and precise way.
>
> ...  You stitch together the tiles in a completely algorithmic
> manner... I say show me the creativity.  I don't see it.... when it comes
> to creativity from Google in a typical Google Earth shot, I don't see any
> at all.

This dizzying shot of Chicago skyscrapers colliding from different
perspectives has clearly been edited by a human.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=41.881544,-87.631084&spn=0.003627,0.007725&t=k

Even if it was done algorithmically, which I doubt, then any algorithm
smart enough to produce a result like that is pretty damn creative.

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/