[WikiEN-l] Non-stupid wikien-l thread

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 06:04:02 UTC 2006

> So ... written any good articles lately?

I actually decided to take a break from both Arbcom and paying job
over this long American weekend and write some articles.  Mostly
filling in gaps in our railway coverage - I'm knocking [[EMD MRS-1]]
into shape, which is a fascinating locomotive built for the US Army in
the Fifties explicitly to be able to run on captured Russian railways
in the event of World War 3.  Since the war never happened, they sat
in storage for 20 years and then got used all over the place when sold
off as surplus, once the USA realised that such a land war was not
going to happen.

It also brought into focus that for all our seemingly exhaustive
coverage of matters military, non-modern non-combat units of even the
US Army are almost completely ignored and hard to research. since
everyone seems only interested in the pointy weapons and not the
logistics machine that makes it all run.

So much for 1.5 million articles meaning there's nothing left to add!

-Matt