[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 25 19:33:05 UTC 2006

"Jim Schuler" wrote

> This certainly needs more of an explanation, "snide remarks about Board
> members given no second chance".

Does it? We have seen Jimbo attacked (quite often, and recently). We saw Geoffrey Kohs take aim at Angela, a recently-departed Board member. These things are in the list archives, posted on the Web. I really don't know why we tolerate use of this list for people to let off steam. (Well, I do, of course. There is a reason to have steam let off in a controlled manner. But it undermines the list's status as a serious forum.)

I agree with Fred - it's a talking shop.

Charles