[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

Puppy puppy at KillerChihuahua.com
Sat Nov 25 03:50:31 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Puppy wrote:
>

>> As to why it would rate a response, I was thinking Fred's assertion
>> that
>> "we should be on the lookout
>> for bias or other bad behavior towards women editors and do what we
>> can
>> to mitigate its effects" might actually include discouraging blanket
>> attacks on women.
>>

> It does. But especially to targeting people in the manner of
> Wikipedia Review.
>
> Fred

them a cunt, that's ok too. Say all women are idiots, that's ok. As long
as we don't out their personal information? Where is your line for "bad
behavior" drawn, precisely? There has been a thread for a couple of
months about the imbalance of the ratio of men to women editors for
months now, and I am saying attacking women /because they are women/ is,
to put it mildly, off-putting. Its beyond uncivil. It is, as David
Gerard's friend pointed out, "hopelessly patriarchally biased and
useless to harmful."

-kc-