[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 02:47:04 UTC 2006

On 11/24/06, Puppy <puppy at killerchihuahua.com> wrote:
> Would our "welcoming attitude" to women and "being on the lookout for
> bad behavior and mitigating its effects" include chastising men who make
> overtly sexist and insulting remarks? Alphax made such remarks, and thus
> far two people have spoken up - Mindspillage, a female; and Guettarda.

Personally, I found that Mindspillage and Guettarda said any point I
was about to make as well or better than I would have done.

That said, the sheer level of nastiness that some display towards
female admins - particularly those not afraid of controversy - is
enough to put people off, I'm sure.

-Matt