[WikiEN-l] "Community sanctions"

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Nov 25 01:58:27 UTC 2006

Sam Korn wrote:

>On 11/17/06, Sydney Poore aka FloNight <poore5 at adelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>Previously, it has been discussed on both AN/I and AN and other places. And
>>more importantly they were being done and logged at the community probation
>>page. I waited until we had 3 done before I changed the name as suggested
>>and began moving it toward policy. If you think it needs more discussion,
>>fine, but can we do it on the talk page of the policy as well as here. Many
>>editors and admins do not follow this discussion list.
>>

>I prefer to start debates here, so it's possible to get an
>over-arching opinion, rather than a closely defined one that is always
>the result of talking on a talk page.  Most of the editors whose
>opinions I think are most valuable contribute to this list regularly;
>this is not to put down those who don't contribute to the list, merely
>to say that, generally and by no means exclusively, the best editors
>do use this list.

One positive thing in common about those regularly active on this
mailing list is their ability to look at the project in broadest terms
without having their vision tunnelled into a pursuit like vandal
fighting.  At one time mailing list participation was a prerequisite for
becoming an admin.

(re-sent) Ec