[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Arbcom-l] Fwd: simple example

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 21:42:24 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Smith <nobs03 at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 24, 2006 2:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: [Arbcom-l] Fwd: simple example
To: Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Smith <nobs03 at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 24, 2006 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Arbcom-l] Fwd: simple example
To: Dmcdevit <dmcdevit at cox.net>

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter.  I won't bore
your excessive detail, however the impression lingers that the case of
Nobs01 and others "acting in concert" was not handled fairly.  I pled
guilty to a breaching experiment that warranted a one month ban.  The
"personal attacks" occurred on my own user page and not in
conversation with others after reams of evidence were
presented and ignored.

You state, "if you had been able to work effectively with others." --
this is precisely the heart of the evidence that was denied.  I can
document through diffs that (a) I acted good faith to resolve disputes
(b) I had no reputation nor ever been accused of personal attacks prior
to the Arbitration case, and was quite forgiving for what was directed
at me.  The "simple example" here shows that in discussion, and in
dispute resolution process, I was focused on upholding Wikipedia
Citation Policies and WP:NOR.  As I declared in my Operning Statement,

"This is primarily a content dispute, which [plalintiff] has made
little or no effort to use proper citations or methods, insisting upon
his priveleged POV as an "expert". "

The Mediation Summary of Dispute reads,

"...no less than invalid research methods, attempting to impeach
primary sources with unqualified secondary sources, or secondary
sources with unqualified secondary sources, or both with original
research to push POV. "

http://www.godseye.com/stat/en/r/e/q/Wikipedia~Requests_for_mediation_Cberlet_and_Nobs01_Workshop_5bdb.html#Summary_by_Nobs01

My "simple example" here shows the fruit of the process.  Sure I got
banned and smeared, but it is Wikipedia's own stated policies I have
asked to be upheld.  And this one simple example (among numerous) is
not a sloppy mistake of an inexperienced editor.  It is deliberate
intellectual dishonesty, abuse of NOR and CITE to use Wikipedia as a
soapbox -- all sanctioned by the ArbCom .

Nobs01