[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 16:02:09 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Puppy wrote:
> <snip>
> > This is not to say that improving and expanding such articles is not
> > desirable - after all, we wish to be the premier source of general
> > information on everything - but it is not due to gender bias, and to
> > imply that it is to me is reinforcing the
> > "woman-as-empty-headed-shallow-person".
>
> Actually, your argument here is serving /that/ purpose quite well.

WTF?  I don't know what's more wrong with that statement - its blatent
misogyny, or the fact that it's an empty-headed, shallow and just plain
incorrect statemen (quite unlike KC's carefully rational argument supported
by both anecdote and data)

OK, I'm convinced - time to go clean the kitchen so that I can actually get
my contribution to housework up to the 10% I think I do...