[WikiEN-l] Was: Google Earth screenshots

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:51:11 UTC 2006

On 11/24/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > b) Creating a category for them makes it look like they are allowed,
> > which will probably just increase their usage.
>
> I'm going to object to the logic here. You're suggesting that by
> creating a category, people will simultaneously think they're allowed
> (and hence upload more of them), while not putting them in that
> category, because they know they're not allowed? That's too weird,
> even for Pokémon fans.

Some people will upload them without paying any attention to the
category - as the category won't affect them, we can ignore them when
considering the benefits of making the category. Other people will see
the category and upload more images - that's the main affect the
category will have, so that's what we need to consider.