[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

niht-hræfn nihthraefn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 16:59:36 UTC 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 11:47, Puppy wrote:

>  The email which started this thread talked about
> "women's subjects" such as blow dryers and curling irons, and that was
> written by a female, yes? That's horrifying to me.

I meant to dismiss the idea of subject coverage; to say that they
didn't have equal coverage, but that's not really an issue. Of course
it didn't work... and I'd say my tact was off, and for that I
apologize. I merely meant that if we had a significant teenage female
editing base as we do male, these subjects would perhaps be neglected
less.

However! The editorial aspects of women's roles as editors as it
plays into policy is far more interesting and pertinent.

--Keitei