[WikiEN-l] Kill CSD A7!

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:08:40 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Dan Collins <en.wp.st47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> pfft. we need a7, that's how we get rid of the myspace teens and the
> wanna-be-a-big-businesses. Do you have an example of an article that was
> "unfairly" deleted? If it's used improperly, remove the tag. Either way,
> the
> admin won't delete it if it isn't really nn.
>
> --
> ST47
> Editor, en.wikipedia

And using it to delete an article about a student society at a University?
OK, certainly a debatable article for inclusion in Wikipedia, but the mere
fact of its attachment to a clearly notable University should be reason
enough not to have a speedy deletion under A7.

Much more an AFD candidate if there is suggestion that it is too trivial to
include on Wikipedia. For example (as opposite arguements to deletion in a
debate), there are clearly student societies that should have a page; e.g.
those that are historic, notable in themselves (not just because of the
Uni), very relevant to notable people who were members (with it being
relevant to their career/fame).

Now I have only given the example of a student society. With A7 as it is,
there is clearly leeway for a host of articles to be deleted, whose deletion
should instead be debated (even if it clearly establishes that said article
can be deleted, or more probably, merged).

Zoney

--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...