[WikiEN-l] Making it easier for the public to help out

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 15:08:47 UTC 2006

> So make it multiple words. "Edit this page" is multiple words. Perhaps
> we could change "Edit this page" to "Improve this article".

I'm really hoping for something higher visibility, but how's this for
easy-to-implement:

Replace this text: "You are not currently logged in. While you are
free to edit without logging in, your IP address will be recorded in
this page's edit history. Creating an account will conceal your IP
address and provide you with many other benefits. "

With:
How can we improve this article?
Is there plagiarism? (link)
Is there a factual inaccuracy? (link)... etc
If you're comfortable editing Wikicode directly, feel free to dive in
below. (links to resources, help text, etc...) (some spiel about being
anonymous, getting an account...)

Steve