[WikiEN-l] Rethinking Fictional Topics

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 17 19:28:32 UTC 2006

"Phil Sandifer" wrote

> This is not, to my mind, a bias towards Wikia, but towards free
> content in general. I think it is perfectly reasonable for us to
> provide prominant links to other free content resources - particularly
> ones that cover substantially different types of material from
> Wikipedia.

The 'general interwiki' problem used to be unsolved.

I imagine it still is. I mean, the general thought of integrating wikis into some sort of uber-structure. The way WP handles its own inter-language and other links is exemplary for not being fussy, and for ensuring that interwiki links number in tens of millions.

But it sounds as if it is beginning to be more pressing, to revisit the older issue.

Charles