[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia saves the day! Maybe.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:20:03 UTC 2006

Well, what do you know. Bringing the Israeli-Arab real-world issue to
Wikipedia might actually solve everything!!

  http://www.jewcy.com/feature/wiki_wars

Amongst the partisan POV-pushers who either don't understand NPOV or
don't care, we do have a core of sane regulars of either POV who
nevertheless see themselves as being there to write an encyclopedia.
The article might not flow wonderfully or make featured status any
time soon, but it will at least inform with the view from 20,000 feet.

So - how do we encourage such cores of sane regulars in similar
conflicts? What do they need to know to be able to help NPOV and
article quality without turning into an insular group?

- d.