[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" images of living people

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Nov 16 22:29:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:45:49 -0600 (CST), "Jeff Raymond"
<jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

>I've tried to get some movement on this at the fair use talk page.  It
>appears a large amount of people are seeing FUC#1 as a means to an end -
>we want more free material, and the only way to get it is to delete the
>fair use stuff whenever possible.  Realism doesn't come into play (I know
>I can't get a free picture of the indie rock chick who's dove out of the
>public eye to become a mother, but she's alive and I ''could'' get a
>picture), but rather directing the desires of those who do the image
>stuff.

Jeff, I have to say I am surprised to see you of all people making
this argument.  You seem to me to be thoroughly committed to the ideal
of free-as-in-speech content, which is precisely what fair use images
are *not*.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk