[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" images of living people

dmehkeri at swi.com dmehkeri at swi.com
Thu Nov 16 15:39:57 UTC 2006

> I think there is a desire among many of us to get rid of fair use
> altogether. However, that doesn't mean that it needs to be done here
> and now.  I think a gradual approach toward eliminating at least the
> vast majority of fair use on Wikipedia is the best approach.

A few weeks ago the french wikipedia adopted a general prohibition on fair use
images in all but a few specific cases. (What these specific cases are, that is
still a question.)

Not that we should (or can) do here what we do there, but it does mean *all* the
cool wikipediae have now gone this way. I'm just saying.

Trollerifically yours,
Dan