[WikiEN-l] something to look into

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 13 17:46:32 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> http://www.opinioneditorials.com/guestcontributors/rcurry_20061113.html

Looking at the article above, I'm no whiz at this ip address stuff but
maybe someone who is can look at these ip accounts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=66.234.65.216

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=66.234.65.212

The first three sets of the four numbers are identical, they have only
edited the articles linked to by the editorial Jimmy mentions, and they
have pushed external links into the articles which are by the author of
the editorial above, see the internet archive link below

http://web.archive.org/web/20060528124014/http://members.ij.net/rex/pledge1.html

which was inserted in
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Edward_Bellamy&diff=prev&oldid=5363260

That said, I don't see that any of the claims this bloke makes are true.
  He's spinning the facts to make his own role in them more important.
We don't appear to reference him at all in the Bellamy salute article
regarding doctored photos of Charles Lindbergh, we reference A. Scott
Berg who Curry declares agrees with him.  The info on the Lindbergh
photos was added by User:Shield2,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Shield2

Don't know if that user is related to the above accounts, or
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=67.22.42.138
and whether the contributions of those two accounts need investigating?

Just my quick thoughts on what may be happening.

Steve block