[WikiEN-l] Overuse of {{fact}}, redux

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 13 09:36:13 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> Wouldn't it make more sense to move every unsourced statement to the
> talk page or elsewhere and add them back when they're sourced? I don't
> see how having {{fact}} on almost every line is helpful to readers of
> the article.

That'd be a tremendous amount of extra work and a nearly-empty article
with most of the content hidden away on talk isn't especially useful
either. Since most of the statements requiring citations don't appear to
be controversial, just unsupported, what's the harm of leaving them in
place in the meantime?