[WikiEN-l] Kill CSD A7!

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:02:00 UTC 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> Killing with a stick is top-down admin activity that prevents others
> from actually knowing what it was that was killed. I would prefer
> killing by consensus after the community has at least had an
> opportunity
> to see it. How much good stuff is going down the gurgler because of
> speedy deletion by admins who know nothing about what the article was
> about and that it needed help and TLC not killing?

The rush of crap in many areas (fanfic, corporate vanity, garage
bands, and other such major problems ) far outstrips the capacity for
AfD. None of these things survive AfD, and ought never even go there.
Speedying off of AfD is a way of saying "Please do not clog AfD with
this, just kill it." We don't have time to have high-quality debate
about everything. In fact, we don't even have time to have high-
quality debate about everything we're trying to have high-quality
debate about.

-Phil