[WikiEN-l] Kill CSD A7!

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 22:15:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> I think this is a really bad idea. PRODs get put on articles that are
> very new, so few people have probably seen them or got them on their
> watchlist other than the author. It will just make many authors,
> who have
> their work deleted with no opportunity to debate it, to go
> ballistic. I
> have yet to have any of my creations PRODed, but if it happened I
> would
> want to argue why I created it.

So use the {{hangon}} template on the PROD, and trust the admin who
looks at it to make a judgment call. Or just ask nicely for it to be
undeleted, and someone probably will. You only need to persuade one
person in a five-day period to block a PROD.

> I would also suggest that articles that are put to AfD should not be
> speedy deleted. Once thay are there give people a chance to see
> them and
> comment. Maybe only cut short the closure if there are 20 delete
> "votes"
> and no keep "votes". I often see a speedy closure of a AfD debate and
> are curious about what was in it.

The fulfillment of curiosity does not seem to me to outweigh the
value of minimizing the number of AfD debates running at any given
moment. Furthermore, it is often beneficial to establish a precedent
of "kill it with a stick" instead of "debate it a whole lot."

-Phil