[WikiEN-l] An observation

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 20:51:41 UTC 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 3:38 PM, Ryan Wetherell wrote:

> I'm sorry, but the last thing we need on Wikipedia is affirmative
> action.

To equate a concern over the fact that there is an imbalance in the
representation of various groups on Wikipedia with "affirmative
action," a term so broad as to have minimal meaning beyond the
pejorative, is unnecessary, and serves largely to stifle legitimate
discussion and concern.

Is there a specific proposal or course of action on the table that
you object to? Or are you throwing heated terms into the debate for
the fun of it?

-Phil