[WikiEN-l] WP:COI violation

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 11 10:58:14 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote

> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:
>
> >[[Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Jean-Thierry Boisseau/Proposed decision]] also cites WP:COI (may have been on my mind more).

> This is a backwards approach.  Citing an ephemeral policy in the course
> of an arbitration does not ipso facto create validity for the policy.

Ray, it's not a policy, and it's not ephemeral. Further, the ArbCom can come up with whatever principles it likes, as explication, in particular because it is not bound by its own precedents. If there is a page to cite, it is likely to be referenced. If not, Fred Bauder would likely create something from scratch.

Charles