[WikiEN-l] Dispute Resolution

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:30:30 UTC 2006

I have a question regarding Wikipedia's official dispute resolution
process: Flcelloguy made a statement in an Arbcom case, "I will be
more than happy to detail the mediation more clearly or to clarify any
questions that Arbitrators may have regarding this mediation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&diff=prev&oldid=28530991

Flcelloguy further stated, "The mediation is on Wikipedia and is
available at Wikipedia:Requests_for_mediation/Cberlet_and_Nobs01 and
its corresponding subpages."

When a party to the ArbCom case attempted to place the Summary of
Dispute in evidence, he was rebuffed by the Chairman, "Material from
the mediation is confidential."

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_arbitration/Nobs01_and_others&diff=next&oldid=28881480

Now which is it? Is Mediation material (a) available for Arbitrators
to review (b) confidential and not allowable in evidence (c) another
example of who you and your friends are in getting a fair hearing?

nobs01