[WikiEN-l] WP:COI violation

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:40:48 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Handwritten, always.  The warning templates are almost uniformly based
> around the assumption that a warning is a punishment, rather than an
> attempt to get someone to change their behavior.

My comment was actually aimed sarcastically...  (Or is this forbidden
as an act of gross incivility in itself?)  My complaint was both with
the pervading use of templates and the impression that "warnings" need
to be given, rather than "requests".

Thinking about it as a warning will make it seem a punishment.

--
Sam