[WikiEN-l] Arbitration nominee statement censored

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 21:17:22 UTC 2006

Geni is taking a "personally interpretive" look at the actual "rule":

>>> In order to run you will need to have 1000 edits on en.wikipedia.

I asked Geni by private e-mail: "I don't see how you're reading the
words 'only one account counts' in the above statement.  I only see
the word 'you', which doesn't mention accounts, but does imply talking
about a person, which I am one."

Geni replied with the usual humorous wit:

"Reading?  I wrote it."

Geni might want to look at [[WP:OWN]], and also explain to us why she
wrote the rule with the word "you", when she apparently intended that
it apply to "a single user account".  This seems to be yet another
case of "rule creep" to try to address single, uncomfortable
situations that sometimes arise.  Just what I was talking about.

Guy, I'll be the Aunt Sally, if you want to throw sticks at a man
who's tied down.

--
Gregory Kohs
Cell: 302.463.1354