[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

stvrtg stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 18:29:30 UTC 2006

<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Phil Sandifer wrote

Maybe so, but not necessarily a tenable one. There are going to be articles
> on, say, string theory, where the content you need to approach the article
> at all will be behind some wikilinks.

Its not a bad thing, but the way that articles are topically differentiated
falls in accord with some atomic principle which is usually very minimalist
and leaves little for sake of introduction. Thats why I generally have
focused on the first few paragraphs, as the proper place to define all the
generally meaty things about a topic. A good lede frames everything about an
article, and Ive been extremely impressed with the quality of writing in
general on WP.

Coincidentally, thats what shows up in the navpopup. If it wasnt for Lupin's
navpops some of the material Charles mentions wouldnt be readable at all for
a novice audience.  I for one would like to see those implemented standard.
People might be impressed with WP and get a better sense of what hyperlinks
are really about.

-SV