[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 5 00:42:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 00:25:05 +0000, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> In other words, there was consensus to delete, a strong majority to
>> endorse deletion, but you "know better".  Maybe you do, but doesn't it
>> strike you as just the *teensiest* bit arrogant?

>It may be worth pointing out that Phil is an academic expert in the
>area in question, so his opinion is actually worth more on the
>particular subject.

There are those who consider "academic expert on webcomix" to be an
oxymoron.  There are also others who claim expertise in DRV right now
who support deletion.

We have an ongoing RFAR on pseudoscience where an expert has been
pushing his novel theories.  How am I supposed to ell if Phil is using
a novel interpretation of what is significant?  Secondary sources, not
"I know better".  And actually I trust Phil's judgment, just as I
trust Tony Sidaway's, but Tony usually brings better arguments than "I
know better".

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk