[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 4 10:18:05 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote

> After reading through that article and its talk page I can only regard
> it as so much excess verbiage to be cut severely.

The page was created by amalgamating two, one of which was the old 'vanity' guideline, the other a page on COI created in September and with obvious gaps. The result has had several drastic haircuts since. More concision work required? Yes, but satisfying the need to have a comprehensive guideline comes before boiling it right down. People do dicker on so, making ridculous extrapolations, if you make it very simple.

>The problem with my
> getting involved in such a page is that I would waste a lot of time
> arguing over things that have little bearing on what I prefer to do.

Better stick to wikien then.

Charles