[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 4 10:08:30 UTC 2006

Angela wrote

> Because the policy didn't exist then. [[WP:COI]] was a guideline about
> not making vanity pages until October 10th.

It is still just a guideline. I think that implies that it is the behavioural issues arising that matter most, for policy; and that these are dealt with under regular policy that is nothing new.

That being said, it is apparent to me that we need at the very least a clear, tough guideline on 'conflict of interest'. As much as anything else, in its absence people are going to come here and impale themselves on policy, just because they are completely ignorant of what editing entails. There needs to be a place where the issues are spelled out.

Charles